Jantien Nunnikhoven (left) and Noor Meyjes (right) founded Designed for Living in 2013 after working as interior design magazine editors. In their Dutch studio they focus on interior design and bespoke product design.
With a growing reputation for its creative approach, founders Noor Meyjes and Jantien Nunnikhoven provide a design services that combines creativity and professionalism for truly original results. The team designs mainly public spaces (such as hotels, shops, museums and care homes) and occasionally residential homes – all in their vivid signature style.
Noor: “We aim to deliver more than just the latest styles. We focus on creating the right atmosphere with originality, instead of simply subscribing to trends.”
Jantien: “The crux of our designs is finding the right interplay between modern and decorative, but above all, we think an interior must be comfortable and have something fun and unexpected.”
In their desire to design truly authentic, original interiors they always run the extra mile.
Jantien and Noor specialise in bespoke designs, they design and produce unique pieces for each project. Their custom made products vary from wallpaper, fabrics, furniture, rugs, lighting and accessories.
This not only ensures true originality, but their products also meet all the international hospitality quality standards.
Designed for Living’s highlights:
- 2013 founding Designed for Living
- 2014 launch of the first wallpaper collection, now successfully sold in more than 30 countries
- 2015 selected to join the Dutch delegation during the Royal visit to China
- 2016 selected to exhibit at the Dutch pavilion (Masterly) during the Salone del Mobile
- 2017 nominated for the Creative Heroes Award 2017, Category Interior
- Selection of hospitality project: Museum of Pags and Purses (2010), Museum Willet Amsterdam(2011), Tulip Inn Hotel Amsterdam Airport (2016), Corendon Village Hotels Amsterdam (2017).